Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Hogs Push Downside on Tuesday
- Week-to-date prices show lean hog futures down from $4.35 to $2.70 across the front months after follow through selling left Tuesday near the day’s low and another 25 to 75 cents in the red. December hog futures were the outlier with a 47 cent gain at the bell. The USDA...
- Triple Digit Gains in Cotton Market
- Front month cotton futures reversed higher on Tuesday, up by 117 to 166 points. That has the March contract at a net 43 point gain for the week. USDA’s Attache sees Mexico’s cotton crop reaching 1.46m bales, compared to the official 1.4m bale estimate. Domestic use was also raised, reducing...
- Cattle Recovered on Turnaround Tuesday
- After two rounds of futures trading the Dec cattle contract is at a net 40 cent loss for the week, with Feb 32 cents in the red. Tuesday settled with the board back up by 10 to 27 cents, but off the intra-day highs. Central Stockyard’s FCE had 1,691 head...
- Wheat Closes Mixed on SRW Recovery
- Chicago wheat futures firmed up after Monday’s drop for a light turnaround Tuesday. At the close, they had given most of the double digit gains back and settled mostly higher within a penny of UNCH. KC wheat continued lower, dropping another 3 to 8 3/4 cents across the front months....
- Soy Futures Complex Mixed with Stronger Beans
- The soy complex traded mixed to tighten crush margins on Tuesday. Meal futures ended with 0.7% to 1.23% losses, while soy oil bounced back from midday lows to close mixed. Soybeans traded mostly higher, in a -8 1/4 to +11 1/4 cent intraday range (Jan). At the close prices were...
- Corn Spreads Shifted on Tuesday
- New crop corn futures ended the session fractionally higher to nearby losses of 1 3/4 cents. Dec 2022 was down by 3 cents as deliveries approach with FND tomorrow. The Dec-Dec spread tightened to a 54 1/4 cent inverse. USDA’s Ag Attache sees the 22/23 Brazilian corn crop at 126...